Review: Caress Daily Silk Body Wash, or Shower Gel - Whatever You'd Like to Call it - Smells AWESOME

I will be the first to admit that I have some tendencies toward hoarding - but that's a strong description of my predilection toward purchasing mass quantities of...stuff. Especially bath and body products - ESPECIALLY SHOWER GEL.

Personally, I don't have an issue with having a stockpile of bath and body products. I use them frequently enough. Once, I decided to stop amassing my...collection, and use some up. I got down to my last 3 bottles of shower gel (don't judge me) and I got twitchy. I went on (what can only be described as) a binge at Yves Rocher (again - don't judge me), and all was well.



Oh, this smells so very good. Seriously awesome smelling stuff.

I love shower gel. Or body wash. Whatever you want to call it - a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet. And Caress 'Daily Silk' body wash smells DAMN GOOD. The scent is described as 'White Peach and Silky Orange Blossom'. I don't think it smells like either of those scents - to me, it smells like the classic (or generic), feminine, fresh, clean, soapy, floral.
The scent does linger a bit, too. (Not too long, though - not long enough to clash with your fragrance of choice.) There is something wonderful about slipping into my nightgown, and catching whiff of that classic 'Caress' fragrance.

As much as I love the scent, there is something that's even more important to me: it really does seem to impart some moisture to your skin. Many shower gels can leave my skin feeling tight and itchy - Caress 'Daily Silk' has never left my skin feeling tight, dry or itchy. I can usually get away with not using a body cream after this, too, because I feel the extra moisture. It lathers well, with plenty of fragrant, softening, bubbles. It's good stuff - (relatively) inexpensive and readily available at most mass retailers. Interestingly enough, when I mentioned this shower gel (in conversation) a few guys even responded that they, too, use Caress 'Daily Silk' - mostly because they liked the 'clean, soapy' scent.

By the way, when I went to get that link, to the Yves Rocher website, I was greeted with an image: '45% OFF THE ENTIRE SITE!' Oh, man... I really like their lavender shower gel and their lime shower gel and their pink grapefruit shower gel...

Comments

  1. As far as vices go, one that leaves you smelling nice and feeling good is quite alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, true - I mean, I use it enough, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts