Answering Reader Questions

In case you hadn't noticed it, there is a contact form listed in the blog. Surprisingly, I've received a few questions. I don't know how many of them are serious, or just trolling, but I will answer them to the best of my ability.

I have cleaned up some of the language, and grammar, but these are actual questions I have received. If anyone has questions, please feel free to use the contact form.

1. Do you buy all this stuff?
     In a word, yes. Generally, I write about items that I have purchased (or are contemplating purchasing). I do (usually) post in the tags whether or not I've purchased the item. I might write about a good deal, without purchasing it, though,

2. How do you afford all this junk?
     First and foremost, I don't think that bath and beauty items are 'junk'. Secondly, it's not polite to inquire into people's finances. How would you feel if someone went around, second guessing all of your purchases? I can afford my purchases because I work - full time. I have a career.

3. Do you really use all of this stuff?
    Yes, but not all at once. That would be messy.

4. Doesn't this stuff go bad? Why do you have so much?
     Cosmetics don't go bad as quickly as one would think - the ones that go bad the fastest are the ones that have a wand you 'dunk' into a tube. (Examples: mascara, lip gloss, concealers) Powder based items can be used indefinitely (they don't transmit bacteria - there's no moisture). Pencils can be sharpened. As long as the color/consistency/odor hasn't changed - go ahead and continue to use that item. (I just finished a bottle of Estee Lauder's 'Equalizer' foundation that I've had for quite some time - I got it when I was working at one of their counters. It was at least 10 years old. I'll miss that stuff. *sniff*) I regularly weed through my stash of products. My family/friends/coworkers benefit from my 'clean out' sessions.
     As for 'why do you have so much' - there are a few reasons for this: (1) I'm a couponer. It's another hobby of mine. I love going into a store and seeing how much stuff I can buy, and how little I'm going to end up paying for the items. I coupon for bath/body/beauty/household items, mostly, because these items don't go bad as quickly as fresh food does.  (2) I don't mind having a massive stockpile of items that I use on a regular basis. I shower frequently. I brush my teeth, frequently. I wash my hands, frequently. (3) I share the wealth. One of my favorite items to give as a gift is a bag of health and beauty items - it's practical. These are items we all use. 

5. Why do you bother to write this blog? It's not like anyone reads it.
     I find it ironic that someone came to my blog, and used the contact form, specifically to tell me that no one is reading my blog. Someone is reading this blog. I see the statistics. When I access this blog, I do it through the admin module, so my pageviews aren't counted. Someone is reading this blog...
     Even if no one ever looked at this blog, I would continue to write it because... that's what I do. In my day-to-day life, as a Librarian, I connect people to information. This blog is just another medium to connect people to information. Plus, if I don't like something, I'll tell you what I don't like.There are so many beauty blogs that just espouse their love for EVERYTHING. You can read my reviews. I'll tell you what I think about any item - good, bad and indifferent.

6. Are you that insecure that you need to brag about what you can buy?
     No. Have you ever read an article about something, and asked yourself, 'Gee - I wonder if that really works?' If you see something on this blog, and you wonder if it actually works...ask for a review. That's the point of showing what I have available.


Keep those questions coming!

Comments

Popular Posts