REVIEW: Star Fruit Purifying Facial Paper Mask by Freeman Beauty (And Some Thoughts on Self Care)

One of my favorite anecdotes on the need for self care: When you're on an airplane, and the staff are explaining the precautions on what to do if there's a sudden depressurization in the cabin. The instructions are to 'put your own oxygen mask on first before you help someone else, because lack of oxygen can cause you to quickly lose consciousness. You can't help someone else on with their mask if you're passed out.'  We're all busy people, and the busier we are, the more run down we can become. Remember - we're no good to anyone if we're not feeling well. All those commitments will go out the window if you're not feeling well. Taking some time for yourself can help you feel better, quickly - even if it's only five minutes out of your day. Beauty products have come a long way, and improved technology can take those five minutes, and help them maximize those brief moments you set aside for yourself. Here's how:

Make those precious moments count...
This paper mask (masque?) was one of the items I got in my 'Mystery Bag' from FreemanBeauty.com. It's not something I would ordinarily pick up from the store - not even as an impulse purchase. No particular reason - I am prone to impulse purchases, and I love trying new stuff. This just isn't something on my radar. Is it now? I'm not sure - now that I know how to use a paper mask (masque?), I might try some other ones, just for fun.

I opened the pouch (you can rip it open - or cut it, whatever) and I was amazed at how WET this was - I mean, it was dripping wet. (Freeman isn't cheap with the serum, yo.) I was also struck by the scent, or lack thereof. I didn't smell like much of anything. I mean, you have this pic on the front of the pouch, with these luscious, green, star fruit sections - I thought this would have had a fruity scent to it (or not, apparently). For some, this might be a good thing - for me...eh. *shrug*

There's a liner that the (folded-up) mask (masque?) is attached to - and you peel it off, then (CAREFULLY) unfold the mask (masque?) and lay it on your face. Obviously, you lay it so the cut out holes match where your eyes/nose/mouth are, but here's a problem: I must have a really FAT face, because the holes weren't lining up properly, so I had to rip the holes to have them line up with my face. (Be careful - the wet paper is fragile.) Once the mask (masque?) was on, it felt wet and cool.

Some info on this item from FreemanBeauty.com:

Breakouts? Irritation? Skin needs serious soothing. This serum-infused paper facial mask with Star Fruit helps calm skin stressed by flare-ups. Lavender and Niacinamide help balance oil production. Tea Tree soothes breakout-stressed skin. Witch Hazel refreshes and minimizes the appearance of pores. Lift the paper and press serum into skin to prep for moisturizer and prime for make-up. Perfect for combination to oily skin types.

Directions:
1. Use after cleansing.
2. Take out and unfold mask. Apply mask on the face. Smooth the mask gently to ensure contact with skin.
3. Wear the mask for 5-10 minutes. Remove the mask by gently peeling off slowly from the edges.
4. Gently press excess serum into skin. Do not rinse off. Discard paper mask after use.

Size: 0.5 oz.
Now, I left this on for 11-12 minutes - then I peeled the paper off my face, and kind of mashed it into a little ball, rubbing the remaining serum into my skin. I even poured the excess serum from the packet, into my hands, and pressed that into my face as well - in addition to rubbing some on the backs of my hands. (Told you - they're generous with the serum!) The problem I had was the same issue I have with most skin care items like this: you're not supposed to rinse your face after you're done, but I can't stand the residue.

Now, I tried this last night. This morning, there was some slight peeling on and around my nose - nothing serious, but enough that I noticed. Some of the dry patches on my cheeks are now gone, too. The backs of my hands are now smooth, too. (No more dry patches on my hands!)

This was a very nice treatment, and it only took a few minutes from my day - but after reading the reviews on this item at FreemanBeauty.com, apparently I wasn't the only one who thought the mask (masque?) needed to be bigger (overall) and that the eye holes (in the paper) were too small,

Comments

Popular Posts