Review: LUSH Dream Cream

My Favorite Things: LUSH Dream Cream

I'm starting a series called 'My Favorite Things', where I'll start to tell you about some of my favorite products. Some have been discontinued, but they're still my favorites!

So, in no particular order, I'll start with DREAM CREAM, from LUSH.


Don't buy it because everyone else does - buy it because it WORKS!

My obsession with LUSH products came out of an obsession with Toronto. My husband, being the wonderful man that he is, indulged my obsession by taking me to Toronto for a combination Happy Graduation/Honeymoon trip in June, 2001. On the beauty message boards, I learned about the existance of a line of bath and body products from a manufacturer called 'LUSH'. It was operating out of the UK, and not readily available in the US - but it was available in Canada!

Imagine the amount of LUSH I purchased. I want to say it was close to $500USD, and this was back when the US dollar was worth anywhere from $1.60-$1.70 CDN, and you could still get your taxes refunded at the US/CDN boarder. So yeah - it was a ton of stuff.

I'm not sure that Dream Cream was available then - I think it was added to the line later on - and, much to my delight, LUSH is now readily available in the US. I think I got my first pot of 'Dream Cream' on a subsequent visit to Toronto. (Yes, I still love Toronto, and yes, I'm still obsessed with Canada.) 

Dream Cream, for me, is just that: a DREAM! It's awesome! I'm not a big fan of body lotions - I prefer the thicker consistency of a body creme, mostly because I don't like liquid-y, runny body lotions, and my dry skin will scoff at run of the mill lotions. My skin is DRY. I need something ultra soothing and ultra moisturizing. According to the description, 'We've taken every oil that is beneficial to the skin and put it in our softest emulsion!' That's a great description!

Here's what it's got: tea tree oil, lavender essential oil, oat milk, olive oil, chamomile and rose absolute all whipped into cocoa butter. Now if that just doesn't sound luscious, I don't know what does. All of those ingredients do have something in common: they're known for their 'calming' properties. It can take a little while to absorb, but keep in mind that this is a highly enriched, thick, cream. If it absorbed easily, I'd be worried. You can use it on wet or dry skin - wet skin will help keep more moisture, while dry skin will be instantly soothed (and smoothed!). The scent may take some getting used to, but I LOVE IT! Some say it smells 'herbal', but all I smell is rich lavender/cocoa butter concoction. 

I have gone through numerous pots of this stuff, and it's pricey (currently $27.95), but in my mind, worth every penny. 

You can find it at their website, LUSHusa.com, and LUSH retail stores nationwide

Comments

Popular Posts