UPDATE: Ole Henriksen's African Red Tea Foaming Facial Cleanser

UPDATE: I decided to put this facial cleanser to the test, to see if it really does 'melt away dirt, oil and makeup', without stripping the skin.





I just got the Eve Pearl 6 Piece Flawless Face Collection from QVC (which I will be writing about in another post). I decided to play with my new goodies, liberally applying the HD 40:60 Dual Foundation (in Light) all over my face, in conjunction with the Dual Salmon Concealer (In Fair/Light) and a liberal dusting of the Blush Trio Palette in Sweet Cheeks on my cheeks, tip of my nose and on my chin. (What? I like blush!) I wore it throughout the day, and then, when I got home from work, I REALLY decided to dump more on my face. I mean, MORE FOUNDATION! MORE CONCEALER! MORE BLUSH! ON TOP OF WHAT I HAD ALREADY APPLIED EARLIER THAT DAY! MWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA! (<---- Evil Laugh)

As a side note, as much of this stuff as I put on, it didn't cake, or look heavy at all - in fact it was quite nice. (I'll talk about that in the post where I review the set.)

Ok - back to our update:

When I took my shower that evening, I decided to see if the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser would indeed, remove my makeup. Usually, I would use a makeup removing towelette, or an actual makeup remover, and then wash my face. I got my face under the warm water of the shower, then pumped a liberal amount of cleanser in my hand. I worked the beautifully scented foam into my skin, and breathed deeply. (Seriously - the stuff smells HEAVENLY.) I didn't do anything special, or out of the ordinary - just washed my face like I normally do. I felt the makeup emulsifying into the foam, and as I rinsed my face, I noticed something interesting:

I could feel the residue of the makeup still on my hairline, but there was absolutely no remnants of the makeup anywhere on my face.

I decided to wash my face (again), this time, concentrating on my hairline, but still washing my face nonetheless. I got every last bit of residue from the makeup off my face, and out of my hairline. PLUS, EVEN WITH THE SECOND WASH, MY SKIN DID NOT FEEL TIGHT OR DRY.

Kudos to you, Ole Henriksen for making such a superior facial cleanser - AND MAKEUP REMOVER!

Comments

Popular Posts