REVIEW: Simply Straight Ceramic Straightening (Hair) Brush (and why my CHI Flat Iron CAN SUCK IT)

BUY. THIS. YOU NEED TO BUY THIS NOW. I AM NOT JOKING. IF IT WAS CRAP, I'D TELL YOU - BUT NO, THIS IS THE ANSWER TO MY STRUGGLE FOR STRAIGHT HAIR.


SERIOUSLY! IT WORKS! BUY IT NOW!
I'm a skeptic. If something says it works, I want to have it proven to me - if it doesn't? Nope - ain't no body got time for that. I will be on to the next thing with the quickness.

I, like most women, have a love/hate relationship with my hair. It grows quickly, and it's thick. It's a nice light/mid brown, with some (natural) highlights. The problem? It's poofy. It's also wavy in some spots. I could handle the poof, and usually I get some layers cut into it movement and to relieve some of the weight. (Those help, too.) What I find irritating, however, is how my hair is definitively wavy in some spots (mostly framing my face) and straight, to mildly wavy, in other spots - and, yes - POOFY. (Or frizzy - whatever word works for you.)

I decided to invest in a flat iron, and the one I selected was the CHI PRO G2 DIGITAL TITANIUM INFUSED CERAMIC FLAT IRON - IONIC TOURMALINE HAIR STRAIGHTENER. The price has come down significantly since I bought mine, but then, I (apparently) had a 'professionals only' kit that also included a heat mat, carrying case, hair sectioning clips, a set of full-sized hair care products and a travel - sized mini iron. The iron worked well, but with my hair, it was time consuming to flat iron it - and forget about doing the back of my head. That was out of the question. It was just too much to flat iron my hair all the time - I wished that someone would invent a heated brush (or something) to make straightening hair easier.

Well, it's here, and I BOUGHT ONE! YAAAAAAASSSS!!!!

I plugged my Simply Straight Ceramic Straightening Brush, and let it heat up - didn't have to wait long for that, either! It will automatically heat itself to one of 3 settings: Low: 365 degrees Fahrenheit, recommended for fine, thin, delicate or colored hair. Tap the '+' button, and it will heat itself to Medium (410F, recommended for 'natural' hair - presumably meaning no perm/color) and tap the '+' one more time to have the item go to High (450F - for thick or curly hair). I couldn't wait, so once the display read 350F, I started brushing my hair. It worked WONDERS! With each pass through (and I didn't need many brush strokes), my hair became straighter, and straighter - and the poof? GONE. No frizz. No poof. Just sleek, straight, gleaming hair. I let it heat to the 'Medium' setting of 410F, and got even BETTER results faster. My whole head of hair - INCLUDING THE BACK OF MY HEAD - was straightened in around 5-7 minutes. For those sections that need *extra* help in straightening, it's recommended that you pull the hair taut against the brush, and slide it through, slowly. This will give you additional heat and control as you straighten a more difficult part.

I would recommend, though, that you take things slow with your Simply Straight brush - that pink stuff is rubber, or silicone, and it can grab your hair. It's good, because it directs the heat into your hair, but not the full brunt of the heat. You get the results of a flat iron, in a fraction of the time, without the frying. You're supposed to use this on clean, dry, hair - but I've read  that you can use some styling products (like certain oils or heat protection spray) without it damaging your hair (or the brush.)

I paid around $300 for my flat iron. The prices have come down significantly since I got mine, but knowing what I know now...I love this brush. Hallelujah!


Comments

Popular Posts