REVIEW: Softsoap Body Butter Mega Moisture Hydrating Body Wash: Heavenly Vanilla

I'm sorry I fell off the edge of the planet for awhile. Work has been hectic to say the least (yes, I have a full time job in real life). Plus, a few family members have had some serious medical issues, and I've been taking off work to help them with those, too.

What's even worse: I was working on this big, beautiful, post about a kit I got from Eve Pearl via  QVC, and I took so long to post it that the item is no longer available. *sigh* I'm still going to save the post, though - you never know when QVC is going to offer the kit again, and I want to be ready!

So, to get back into the swing of things, I thought I would do a few, quick, review posts. I will get back to the Cruise Planning series, too.

Here's the first of my 'quick' posts:  a review of the Heavenly Vanilla Body Butter Mega Moisture Hydrating Body Wash from Softsoap. Wow. What a name, right?

There's a whole line of them! We're chatting about the 3rd from the right today. (Image from Colgate.com)
Ok - here's what I have to say about this shower gel:
  1. Doesn't smell like vanilla to me, or, maybe, it only smells *vaguely* of vanilla. (That's subjective, though. You might think that it reeks of vanilla. Your mileage may vary.) It doesn't smell bad, though - it's just not meant to smell like frosting or a cupcake, or whatever food smell we associate with vanilla. 
  2. That name is ridiculous. Too long.
  3. It does live up to it's name, however: It is creamy, moisturizing, and decadent. 
  4. I don't need any additional moisturizer after I use this in the shower
  5. The scent doesn't last past the shower, which may or may not be a good thing. I always wear perfume, so I don't want my body wash clashing with my fragrance. (Although adding vanilla notes would mesh with the scents I usually wear, so yeah.)
  6. The stuff is THICK. It cam be difficult to get out of the bottle, and, when you're almost done with it, squeezing the bottle produces the loudest, rudest, noises EVER. (I'll let you use your imagination.) 
  7. It's one of the few shower gels that doesn't make me itchy after a shower. Sometimes, after a shower, my arms ITCH like crazy. This is usually due to the combination of detergents in the shower gel plus water that's way too hot.
Would I rebuy this? Probably - but I have other shower gels to use first. Would I try other scents in the line? Absolutely. Awhile ago, I remember trying the coconut scrub body wash, and while I liked it, I don't think I would use it every day - occasional use, for that particular body wash, would be recommended, as scrubbing your skin raw is never a good idea. (WARNING: That one also made those nasty, RUDE, noises when you squeeze it out of the bottle - just warning you so you're not surprised. Yes, it's THAT BAD.)

This is available at most mass retailers, drugstores and online, with prices ranging from $2.97 - $7.



Comments

Popular Posts