Review: Tangle Teezer The Original Detangling Hair Brush - and Did You Know About Sephora's 'FLASH' Subscription Service?

This brush looks odd, but it works wonders:

Yes, it's a hair brush. Yes, I know it looks odd.
Truth be told, I wasn't looking to buy another brush. I had to spend an additional $15 to get free shipping - this was before a bought a subscription to Sephora's 'FLASH' shipping service.

Are you aware of the Sephora 'FLASH' program? For a $10 fee, you can purchase a one - year subscription to this service, and that will guarantee you FREE, 2-day shipping, with NO MINIMUM PURCHASE REQUIREMENT. Regular shipping, via USPS Priority Mail (which is usually 3-5 days), STARTS at $5.95, and is free if you spend $50 at Sephora.com. If you wanted to select 2-day shipping, it would cost you $10.95. Think about it: you can guarantee yourself FREE, 2-day shipping, with no order minimum for less than the cost of (1) order with 2-day shipping. It's a great deal...

Back to the brush, though.

I was looking for an item that cost around $10 - but then I thought that I'd have to spend the additional $5.95 for shipping, so it was really around $15 I would spend (but then I'd hit the $50 for free, standard shipping). That was the equation: spend $10 (on merchandise) + $5.95 for shipping... or just pay the $15 for merchandise, and get free (standard) shipping. I opted to spend the $15 - but had no idea what to buy. I was at a loss.

I know I complain about my hair a bit, but I also like to say that I 'won the genetic lottery' when it comes to my hair. It's thickness and volume, I know are definite assets, even though they annoy me to no end. It also grows quickly. Given these, I like to grow my hair long, and donate it to charity. I need to keep my hair in good condition - too much breakage or damage, and it won't be accepted. I'm always looking for things to help me keep my hair in good condition. When I read that this brush was designed for use on both wet AND dry hair, I was intrigued. As strong as hair can be, it's at it's most fragile when wet. It can break easily, and brushing your hair (when wet) is a prime way to get yourself some split ends.

But...the Tangle Teezer isn't a regular hairbrush. Here are the two main reasons I think the Tangle Teezer is a vast upgrade from the regular hairbrush:

Number one: it's ergonomically designed to fit into your hand. It sits comfortably, and there's no handle that you have to grab hold on and work through your hair. You just need to hold one of these to feel the difference.

Number two: There are different Tangle Teezers based on your needs, and hair type. Specifically, the Thick and Curly Tangle Teezer. The one I have is the original Tangle Teezer, but I'm thinking about investing in the 'Thick and Curly', Why? The teeth in the Tangle Teezer are cut at different lengths, designed to glide through the hair AND massage the scalp. My hair is so thick, that I don't get the massage benefits. (Plus, the original comes in a variety of colors!)

This is something I normally wouldn't even think about buying - but I wanted something that was different, something that was unexpected. I'm not sure I would rebuy it, but then again, it is such high -quality, that, unless I decide to upgrade to the 'Thick and Curly', I don't envision myself needing a second Tangle Teezer...and I might pass along my 'original' to someone else. (Don't get grossed out - the design makes it VERY easy to clean!)

The 'Tangle Teezer' is available at a variety of locations, both 'brick & mortar' and online. I purchased mine from Sephora.com for $15.

Plus, if you haven't already, REALLY CONSIDER getting that subscription to SEPHORA FLASH - it's worth the $10. Two orders from Sephora.com will more than pay for that subscription! It really is a great deal!




Comments

Popular Posts