REVIEW: Degusta Box Comes to the United States - and I GOT ONE! (June 2016 Box)

I am fascinated by products that aren't readily available in my part of the world - so, imagine my envy when I would watch one of my favorite YouTubers 'FoundOnFilm' opening something called a 'Degusta Box'. (I've been watching her for quite sometime - that link is to her opening the June, 2016 UK DegustaBox.)

When I saw the advertisements on my FaceBook about DegustaBox - I was OVERJOYED. FINALLY! DEGUSTA BOX IS AVAILABLE IN THE UNITED STATES! I ordered one, with the swiftness, and eagerly awaited my package.

Now, this post is not an unboxing - I didn't take pictures of the packaging as I opened  box, and revel in the tissue paper... Nope. This isn't that kind of post. No, rather, I ripped into it with my usual exuberance and abandon.

Here's a pic of the June, 2016 box (for the United States):

Pic lifted from Degustabox.com

For those who don't know, Degustabox is a subscription service. For a fee ($19.99 - and that includes the shipping), you get a box of 10-15, full sized, food and beverage items that are 'new to the market'. According to the prices stated, the value of the June, 2016 box is: $33.34 (and that's just for product. It doesn't include the shipping/handling charges). These are items that I might pass by in the store, and not (ordinarily) try. 

Here are the items (17 in all!):
  • Wise popcorn: 4 snack size bags (2 sea salt, 2 'Cinnabon' cinnamon roll flavored): 4 @ $0.75/each
  • Brianna's Italian vinaigrette salad dressing (12 oz bottle): $3.99
  • Vita Coco Coconut Oil single use packs: 3 @ $1.29/each
  • Topo Chico Mineral Water: regular and 'twisted lime' flavors: 2 @ $1/each
  • Jif Cinnamon Peanut Butter Spread (12 oz jar): $2.99
  • Orchard Valley Harvest 'On the Go' Packs: Cashews & Cranberry Almond Cashew Trail Mix: 2 @ $1.98/each
  • Haribo Sour Gold Bears (9oz pouch): $2.79
  • Elmhurst Harvest Milk Alternative: (32 oz package). This one, there was a random selection from 9 flavors. I received the walnut based 'chocolate' flavored 'milk'. : $3
  • Soy Vay 'Veri Veri Teriyaki' marinade and sauce: (21oz bottle): $4.99
  • Honees Cough and Throat Drops: 20 drop package: $2.75
(They even threw in a few coupons for good measure).

It was all packaged very well, except for one, slight problem: the Soy Vey sauce leaked all over the box. Because of the way individual items were packaged, the damage was minimal...but 3-4 items had to be cleaned, and the bottle of sauce disposed. I'm not overly upset, but at the same time, in my mind, I didn't get a complete box because I had to dispose of the teriyaki sauce. I sent an email to Degusta Box customer service - we'll see what happens.

All in all, I'm eagerly awaiting the next box (for July, 2016) - according to my account, it's supposed to be here at the end of July. Something to look forward to, and getting packages is ALWAYS fun! If you would like to try your own Degusta Box, and get $10 off your first one (It would be a flat charge of $9.99) - feel free to use my referral link:
https://www.degustabox.com/us/register/ref/STEPHANIEC-4C1

 



Comments

Popular Posts